Thursday 8 March 2012

The stripy hat

Whilst busy making many hats of various colours and designs, my four year old asked for a stripy hat, a very stripy hat....


Never one to shy away from a challenge, I raided the wool stash for suitable colours and from the pile emerged this little number...



I decided to help blend the colours a little by occasionally working a spike stitch in to the row below.  Also, the shape came by a rather happy accident in that I (deliberately) made a slight mistake when working in rounds and spike stitch and created a much more slouchy looking hat.  




The addition of a few buttons personalises this quirky little number - all buttons chosen carefully by one very happy looking little customer!


Happy hooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christmas Fair Saturday 1 December

It seems to be the countdown to the big day starts earlier every year and as some one who has a November birthday, I've grown used to ...