Saturday 21 April 2012

Prioritising my must make pile

I really must stop looking at patterns as I keep finding more to inspire me to spend more time at my sewing machine.






Because of the success of my top using the free Collette Sorbetto top, I have made the couple of modifications to the pattern pieces that I felt would perfect the fit for my shape, blogged about here.






This gorgeous elephant on beige cotton fabric has inspired me to test the new and improved version.  I love this top by Great Plains but apart from the price tag, I was put off by the flimsy quality of the fabric - I mean, really, its hard to justify!!  I am toying with the idea of either a bow or ruffle detail at the neckline as I love this Simplicity pattern, that I first noticed on Little Betty's blog.






This striped fabric is just fab and so my colours and may also get the Sorbetto treatment.  The fabric reminds me of a FatFace top that I have and I may try to style the details similar to it.  I will keep you posted as work progresses...






This beautiful weighty marocain fabric in a mosaic pebble print is crying out to be made into a dress.  As I skimped a bit on the amount I bought, I have limited my pattern options.  I do have a great vintage pattern in mind though...






I fell in love with this beige paisley print last year at the Knitting and Stitching Show at the NEC, Birmingham.  The colours are great and any one of them can be picked out and highlighted by wearing with, say, a turquoise cardigan or shrug.  I see me wearing this with skinny jeans or leggings...






Now, please, can someone seriously invent some extra hours in the day...and also the other slight problem is my little mini me wants me to make her something in the same fabric.  Will have to put my thinking cap on and plan wardrobes so we don't co-ordinate.


As they say, imitation is the greatest form of flattery..and at least I have one keen fan...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christmas Fair Saturday 1 December

It seems to be the countdown to the big day starts earlier every year and as some one who has a November birthday, I've grown used to ...