Thursday 6 September 2012

Thank you Mr Postman!

I felt like Christmas had come early this week.  No sooner than mini Fuzzygingers returned to school when my eagerly awaited copy of 101 Fabric by Fabric Ways to Sew a Metre arrived along with Interweave Crochet Spring 2012 and 99 Little Doilies.  Unfortunately not much was achieved for the remainder of the day as I had to (and I mean my life depended on it) look through them, drool over many things and add to my ever growing must make list.

Definite must makes are :

Flirty Skirty

Logan's Guitar

Roman Blind - been meaning to try one for ages

Urban Wabbit Hunting Cap - for me and for presents

Charming Bag - lovely pleats and button details








Now the last thing I need to do is to add to my must make list but some things are just so gorgeous and tempting. The school holidays have meant production rate has slipped (this means non-existent) but should improve now the new term has started. I do have acres of fabric ready to go so I must be disciplined and use what I have.


Fish print for Mr Fuzzyfingers?


 
Love these tunics in I'W Crochet

I follow several blogs and love Coletterie - its just so inspirational and gives some insight into the designers' lives and their creative minds.  I love the way retro patterns and detailing have been given a refreshing new twist.  I also enjoy a new feature highlighting good sewing habits and sticking to them, for example,  not holding pins in your mouth (ouch - we're all guilty!).  My new habit I'm adopting is to only cut out fabric for one project at a time - with the aim of eliminating a 'must finish/in progress' pile.  It has been hard as it is all too tempting to have one larger project with a smaller quicker one on the go for some instant gratification.  Who isn't guilty of this whether it be sewing, crochet, knitting...?  The problem I've found is that those larger projects never seem to get finished...
Have you got any good habits, tips or hints you want to share?  Get in touch and let me know as I'd love to hear...

Also what's at the top of your must make pile and how do you choose or prioitise?. ...Suggestions for this gratefully received...



Couldn't resist this...a cat's life in my house - enjoying some afternoon sunshine..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christmas Fair Saturday 1 December

It seems to be the countdown to the big day starts earlier every year and as some one who has a November birthday, I've grown used to ...