Friday 5 October 2012

Unexpected treasure...

Now I love a bargain - doesn't everyone?!  Well I found a super bargain last week when doing the weekly shop at my local supermarket.  Although I had noticed that they were stocking a small selection of Red Heart yarn (usually hard to find in the UK and I am very envious of all you crafty people Stateside!), I hadn't indulged mainly as I have been watching the pennies...

Imagine my delight and disbelief when I saw that the oh so gorgeous (my favourite) green, just perfect for remaking and re-testing my own original design Seashell Cardigan with, was on sale at £1.19 (formerly £4.99!!)  I scooped up the remaining six balls and added them to my trolley of fruit, veg, milk, bread, cat food, etc....It seemed wrong to be able to buy wool there but I wasn't complaining!!

Also, I returned to Ikea to purchase some much-needed stash storage in the form of Hol (I just love the names and whole concept), and felt I had to buy this beautiful striped fabric...

I could really see this as a skirt - the fabric is a lovely weight and has a real boutique-y feel as the stripes are slightly raised.  I love stripes - versatile, a little bit quirky and most definitely unique.  I could imagine the skirt to be a little 60s inspired, A- line with a deep inverted centre pleat.  And then I remembered buying a dress pattern on Ebay a couple of months ago (for the drastic sume of £1.99!)


It's an original Sunday People pattern number 436  - a  60s mod style dress with the option of full or 3/4 length sleeves(my favourite).  As I bought the last on the bolt, roughly a metre and a half, I will have to make the top half of the dress and the sleeves in a plain black or charcoal cotton.  What do you think?

This is definitely top of the must make pile now the cooler weather is imminent but I must hem a dress and finish my Colette Hazel dress first.  I really am trying to stick to my new habit of finishing something before cutting out the next.  No time like the present and I'll strike while the iron is hot...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christmas Fair Saturday 1 December

It seems to be the countdown to the big day starts earlier every year and as some one who has a November birthday, I've grown used to ...